Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Louie, My name is ***** ***** I have a Samsung 32" LCD

Customer Question

Hi Louie, My name is ***** ***** I have a Samsung 32" LCD purchased in 2008. For the first time, yesterday the tv would not turn on. The little red light is on. I attempted to turn it on remotely and manually, removed the power from the socket and waited 15 minutes. No dice. During the night, about 8 hrs later it came on by itself. Tried again this morning and still nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the requested question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it as LN32A450CID
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just noticing the little red light blinks once every nine seconds.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.Could it perhaps be a Samsung LN32A450C1D?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It very well could be. It's difficult to notice the difference from an angle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checked it again and you're right.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.The described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly a most likely failed/failing power supply board due to capacitor leaks/rupture.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I will just have it repaired.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.Still, please click HERE as this would be the most likely suspect. The preferred approach is board replacement. As this is a known common issue, there are available repair kits HERE and HERE. Would links to independent TV repair shops near you serve your need ? ...your general location please?