Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I turn on t.v. screen is green and colourful stripes rather

Customer Question

when I turn on t.v. screen is green and colourful stripes rather than plain blue, I have audio when I play a dvd but not picture, what is happening ??
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is happening when I am trying to play a dvd...... pay t.v. and normal t.v. are working correctly, this is only happening when i put a dvd in to watch.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially,bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and DVD player. Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).And is this a fresh/new install? ...or has the DVD player and TV has been working before and this greenish/no video a recent issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The DVD player and TV have been working before, this problem just happened today when i turned on the t.v.
I have checked all the cables are in, and there are no connections not installed. (or does not appear to be )
The t.v. and pay t.v. are normal, but when i go to AV then to put on a DVD instead of a blue screen, its predominantly lime green with say a 1/3 multi coloured stripes, then lime green again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says you are on line I had 8 minutes left, now 6 minutes.......... what happens then, i have not had an answer, and your company has taken the money.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me time to review your post and compose my reply. As inquired above; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and DVD player. Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s):a single HDMI cable;3 RCA-to-RCA cables yellow + red & white;5 RCA-to-RCA cables green, blue & red + red & white.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its a Panasonic SABtt755 Blue Ray Disc
TV Th50A430A
3RCA Cables
5RCA to RCA cables, where is the (. a single HDM1 cable located) ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Music (or sound ) is coming through when the dvd is inserted, but no picture..... just the colourful screen
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate the additional information. Bear with me as I review the related documentations with the above devices please.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
From the "SABtt755 Blue Ray Disc" to the "TV Th50A430A", how many connecting cables please? 1, 3 or 5?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are 3 cables, Red/White/Yellow, plus one big cable from back l/h side of Disc player to back of t.v.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate your patience.The only easy user doable try is to check/replace the connecting cable(s) particularly the yellow and the "big cable from back l/h side". Try to remove and then reconnect back in. Of course the best is to blindly replace as this would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. Which setting when pressing on the TV's AV button is used please to watch DVDs; HDMI 1, HDMI 2 or AV1?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HDM1 is used
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Can you please try using HDMI 2 (if available)? And in so doing reverse how the HDMI cable connectors are placed? The idea is to use the end that was previously connected to the TV's HDMI 1 port now to the player's AV OUT HDMI port? ...and of course the 1 formerly connected to the player now to the TV's HDMI 2?