Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV is connected to mains but does not power up. Shows nothing.

TV is connected to mains but does not power up. Shows nothing. When switch on from wall socket the blue power light shows for one second then nothing. Have tried pressing all buttons. The Virgin Media box appears to be working. What is wrong? Peter
Hello Peter, and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need more info. 1) What's the model number of the TV we're dealing with here (model number and brand are found on the sticker on the back of the set)?2) How long have you owned it for? 3) Are there ANY signs of life on the set at all (power light lit, or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?
Are you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model number: LC-32LE320E

About 5 Years

No. Power light comes on for 1 second when switch on from wall switch only

Thank you for the reply. Can you please elaborate on "comes on for 1 second when switch on from wall switch"? What wall switch are you referring to?
If you have not already tried this, please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait about a minute then press power again once.If the TV doesn't power up please try these steps up to three more times and let me know exactly what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done what you suggest several times bt no good. The blue power light still shows very briefly when I turn on wall socket switch.

Okay, unfortunately this indicates a failure in the TV that requires attention. More specifically the Power Supply Board or the Mainboard in the set has failed and is preventing the set from booting up. This is something we see commonly on sets when they get on a few years in age unfortunately. To fix the set would require removing the back and testing voltages by a Tech, and seeing which board is at fault. Most common is the power board and is generally a $200 repair on this set. Give the TV is 5 years old and can be replaced for just over the cost of repairs, I would consider replacement versus repairs. However if you're a DIY type, and have a Meter then I can guide you to narrowing down the culprit yourself. Unfortunately there's not a quick fix (such as a pushbutton, or setting). If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my efforts before you go.