Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I really need your help/advice! I recently had a 55" LG

Customer Question

Hi I really need your help/advice! I recently had a 55" LG LED/LCD flat panel fail! It was putting 2 white vertical bars in the center of the picture. I thought it might be the T-CON board but it turned out to be the panel itself. I was able to acquire a new replacement panel of the same part number and have installed it. Prior to doing this All of the existing electronics created a normal picture on the old panel. However, after completing the installation the picture on the new panel is like you are on "LSD" it appears to be like a negative picture for lack of a better way to discribe it. I am wondering if the existing boards need to be configured with this new panel?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. TV manufacturers source the panels from various vendors, even for the same model. Did you get a panel with the exact replacement part number? You mentioned this but I need to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is an exact matching part number! It is the panel for the LG 55LW5700. Note: event the manufacture of the panel was the same!
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, there probably is a setting or maybe a couple in the service menu but I would need to research that. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other LG experts to chime in if they can help. If I find out which settings to adjust I'll opt back in. Hold on.