Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have sony tv model kdl-46xbr9 after 1 to 2 hours of running

Customer Question

I have sony tv model kdl-46xbr9 after 1 to 2 hours of running it turns itself off than on. this will go on until I turn the set off. After 10 minues I turn it back on and it will run for1 to 2 hours and then the same thing all over again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** for the Question When the set shuts down does the powerlight blink red on the front of the set please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does not.
OK the powerlight is a good indicator of what the issue is with the set so what color is the powerlight does it drop to standby?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not remember. Sorry.
OK its very likely to be bad firmware http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=KDL46XBR9&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab Please upgrade the firmware A positive rating is appreciated thank you Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked it and it is up-to-date.
Its a mainboard issue in that case You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)Let me know if you need more infoA positive rating is appreciated thank you their will be a rating bar with this post thanks againRegardsAnthony