Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasonic TC-P60S30. . After turning the tv on you

Customer Question

.I have a panasonic TC-P60S30. . After turning the tv on you can hear a click, the tv will stay on for a few seconds and then turns on, and gives a 6 blink LED code. I bought a used A board and the problem persists. The SC board is reading P5V and P15V
also.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Have you replaced any board in TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe its 2011. I bought the TV like this. The SC board and all 3 power supply boards have been replaced. I bought a used A board, and it's till doing the same thing with it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so TV shows 6 red blink error code and symptoms have not changed after all those boards replacement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, following are the possible causes of 6 times blink error code..1. An increase or reduction of the Energy Recovery Circuit output (MID).2. Open connection of the P15V line between the P and A board.3. Open connection between any of the ribbon cables on the C boards and the A board.4. Open connection between the ribbon cable/cables interconnecting the C boards.5. Wrong diagnostic by the A board.Can you please tell me what are three-power-boards that you replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6km00003-main-power-supply-board.htm
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6km00004-sub-p-board.htm
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n0ae6km00005-sub-p-board.htm
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please unplug the TV power cord and remove connectors SC20 from the SC board and C20 from the C2 board. Connect the TV and turn it On and check..Does the TV stay on with a black screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, will not power on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, you mean TV doesn't power On or doesn't stay On and goes to flashing error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV will not power on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please unplug the TV power cord for 10 minutes and reconnect SC20 and C20 connectors.Get ready to take voltage reading on the SC board. Plug in the TV and turn it On and check..Are there 15V and 5V at the SC board as shown in below image..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting those readings on the test points.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so you get 5V and 15V on those test points?If so then replace the main board (known as A Board) in TV which is causing the problem.A board is where all the video input jacks, HDMI inputs are located.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already replaced the main (A) board.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
-:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what, -:) , means
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it was meant to another question.Please check if all the connectors that were removed for board replacement are plugged securely and tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are all secure and tight.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd and it is quite possible that used A board is already faulty.Is it possible for you to test A board (both) in a similar model working TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a new A board. I will get back with you when it comes in.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm currently waiting on the new part to get in.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem, please reply back with the result.
Thank you.