Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a SONY TV KDS-R50XBR1(50 IN) that is 9 years old but

Customer Question

I have a SONY TV KDS-R50XBR1(50 IN) that is 9 years old but has been working great all these years. Lately some very odd occurs once in a while, the tv turn offs by itself and burst into a loud noise and we have to run to unplug it from the wall. Sometimes does it every couple of days and sometimes it does it two or three times in a day on even more frequently. After we plug it back it works fine for hours or days...
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. - Is the loud sound look like fan noise?- Does power light on TV turn to red and flash in specific pattern when TV turns off?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no fan noise (I have replaced the main fan several times as well as the lamp) and power light turns red and doesn't flash
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, can you remove lower back of TV to get an idea of loud noise location in TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the whole back panel to replace the fan some time ago but when the noise comes on is from the speakers and is very loud and disturbing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I never come across such issue in this model so let me opt out to open the question for others on website to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.You won't need to do any thing but just wait and question will go back to open list.Thanks.