Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have Samsung UA60F8000AM 18 months old. Screen just went

Customer Question

Hi, have Samsung UA60F8000AM 18 months old. Screen just went black while tv was on and now get no response when trying to turn on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ; What is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No light at the front, no clicking sound, just black screen.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then in that case I would take it that you mean a completely dead set ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes seems so

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are definitely looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that procedure to no avail, still completely dead.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then it would appear that you have a failed power/led driver board and this board for the equivalent USA model ( Un60F8000 instead of UA60F8000) is around $85Here is an example at the link below but note that your board may be slightly different and thast would have to be verified with the internal part number ;http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-31229-bn44-00656a-samsung-tv-module-power-supply-pslf231016l-l60u2l-dsm-un60f8000bfxza.aspx
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Normally a repair shop would cost you around $300 to $350 to do this at home