Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung color HD tv model LNT4071FX/XAA that worked

Customer Question

I have a Samsung color HD tv model LNT4071FX/XAA that worked wonderfully until about six months ago and now we have some trouble getting it to come on. Sometimes it comes right on then other times it takes two or three times before it will come on. It makes the tone like it is coming on and the blue light comes on but the picture does not come on. Do you know what the problem might be? Is it possible to get this repaired?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem. The problem you are experiencing now is typical to weak/vented capacitors on the power board that this serie of Samsung was famous for I`m afraid.Easy way to repair this is usually by replacing the power board for a cost of approx. 60 to $80 and if you are interested on doing this yourself then I can give you the details .Otherwise you may be looking at a cost of 200 to $250 to have this done at home and considering the age of the tv , would think about it twice.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
If you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks for your response and we will probably not go for repair because of the age of tv have to get a new one
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem ,
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.