Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I want to hook my Panasonic TC- 32AS500C to my SC-PMX9. Is

Customer Question

I want to hook my Panasonic TC- 32AS500C to my SC-PMX9. Is this possible?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.I'm working on it and get back to you in 15 minutes after looking at both units specs.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you there?Please reply back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you need other than the model numbers I provided?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Your TV TC-32AS500C does have optical audio out terminal which provides digital format audio signal but audio system SC-PMX9 doesn't have such input to connect to TV through optical cable so you can't hook the sound system directly to TV through optical cable.
Now sound system does have analog audio jacks (AUX input) which gets analog audio signal but TV doesn't have such jacks to provide analog audio signal to this sound system.
There is a converter device available calls 'digital audio to analog audio converter device' that can be added between TV and sound system, this device will get digital audio signal from TV, converter into analog audio and there you can connect audio cable of sound system to get TV sound output.
Please check following link to view 'digital audio to analog audio converter device' & optical cable info..
http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-Digital-Adapter-Converter-GTV-DIGAUD-2-AAUD/dp/B0013LWK3A
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B001TH7GSW/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_y
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank-you for your advice. I do have a Fiifo Taishan model DO3K converter. The trouble is I have on clue what to do with it, let alone hook it up. Thanks any way though. I'll have to find a techy who can do it for me.
Many thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Good, it is the similar converter device and hooking is simple, connect optical cable in TV and plug it in similar optical port in converter device for digital audio signal link. Connect power to converter device.
Now connect audio RCA pins into RCA audio jacks on converter device and plug them into AUX input at back of sound system.
Select AUX input in sound system and you should get TV sound.
Regards,
Shahid.