Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have no sound form my model code pm42m6hbxaa and I do not

Customer Question

I have no sound form my model code pm42m6hbxaa and I do not have a remote so how do I get the sound back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question
If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please reboot both the box and the Tv by unplugging both from the wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again let me know if this changes anything Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not using any one of these just using dvd player.
OK well it could be the dvd player most of the sound is processed in there you need to try another input to isolate that, if its the same then we know it is for sure the TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this it is the tv something is turn off.
The sound is generated by the mainboard so that will need to be replaced assuming you have made sure the sound is turned off in the menus?
sorry NOT turned off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not turn off if replace what is the cost
OK just give me 5 to find that out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only 7 min left.
No the timer is paused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok let me know what I would pay to replace sound card
It wont be the sound card it will be integral to the mainboard but to be sure of that you will need to trace the speaker wires back to the mainboard (thats the one with all the AV connectors on)their is not much info on this model however I am pretty sure its similar to the HPS versions of samsung plasma, if the leads go back to the mainboard then you will need to get the partnumber found on the mainboard and use that in a google search it should begin BN, let me know if you need more info The board will be around $80 A positive rating is appreciated thank you their will be a rating bar of stars or smilies with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open RegardsAnthony
Just to add if the speaker wires go back to a terminal board instead of the mainboard please replace that some boards were fully integral some where not Anthony