Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just bought a curved UHD series 6 and a home entertainment

Customer Question

I just bought a curved UHD series 6 and a home entertainment ht-h5500w. How do I get the tv to play though my entertainment system?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. Additionally, please describe how the home entertainment is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s) and to which port of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 6700 uhd curved TV connected to the home entertainment with hdmi. When I play dvd, it works fine. The tv just won't produce sound.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Is the HDMI cable connecting the HT-H5500W to the TV 1.4 rated for 1.4? And is the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature of the HT-H5500W enable/set to on (or even Auto)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARC is on and I tried auto. Hdmi is rated for 1.4
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Interesting... Is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box or satellite receiver used with the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable, xfinity x1
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information and more on your patience. Home theater to TV's HDMI IN 3? And cable box by HDMI to the TV? If yes, have you tried cable box by HDMI to home theater?