Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the same issue. Sony KDL-40Z4100. Only want to use it

Customer Question

I have the same issue. Sony KDL-40Z4100. Only want to use it for a PS3 or Xbox via HDMI. it will say there is something plugged into an HDMI port but when you select that port it says no input.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me if you get signal from ANY source (cable/satellite box, dvd, game, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is in a room with no other inputs.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It is common to have hdmi/hdcp issues, especially with between game consoles and older tvs like this, so it would be extremely helpful from a diagnostic standpoint to test another device. Can you possibly borrow a box/dvd/etc from another room to test please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only have one box and its playing the Mayweather fight right now

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I understand. You can take as long as needed, and move that box over later when you have a chance.I'm asking you to do this because it is really the only way to isolate the cause of the issue, which could be anything from a hdcp/handshake issue or it could be a hardware fault in the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I will let you know :)

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** this page to get back in touch with me when ready. Enjoy the fight!