Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm working with a an older model mitsubishi dlp, I'm having

Customer Question

I'm working with a an older model mitsubishi dlp, I'm having an issue with it not turning on. When I press the power button on the unit or the remote, the LED turns on but then quickly starts to blink and then stop but still the steps does not turn on, I looked up how to retrieve error codes from the set and what I got was a 12, to which I know means normal shutdown. So my question is, what can I do to fix this and restore my TV set back to normal operation, or is there another problem that might need to be looked into further?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Don't hold the power button down too long - if what you are getting is a 'normal shutdown' code. On many devices, holding the power button too long, when it is On, turns the device On briefly and partially, but then Off again. (Just to double-check: is the 'flash code' on the TV's lights, first one flash, a pause, then two flashes? that would indeed be a '12' code.)