Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Old Zenith TV has suddenly become stuck on Language Select

Customer Question

Old Zenith TV has suddenly become stuck on Language Select screen, which appeared out of the blue. Cannot get the Enter button (or any other button) to move it beyond this screen. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** the Question I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I submitted that on the ticket: SR2552S
Is their a menu button on the set itself?please The model has not shown up I do have it from your last response thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - I've hit it numerous times, but it won't make the Language Select screen go away.
OK no it may not doTake the batteries OUT of the remote then try the menu button on the set itself Let me know if that does anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is on the TV set itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We only use the remote for the cable box, not for the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when I say I've been hitting all the buttons, that's only on the tv set itself.
OK I see so your seeing this menu from the box?or is it the TV menu?to isolate switch the box off if its being generated by the tv the menu will stay up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turn off the cable box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i'm seeing the Language Select screen on the TV itself.
Just put the cable box into standby I need to know if its the cable box generating the menu OR the TV itself, if you switch the box off it will rule out the box if the menu stays on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned off cable box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lang Select screen won't budge.
OK so its being generated by the TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I just can't figure out how to get it to accept what's selected and move on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? Any luck figuring it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I see now you're offline. Don't waste time answering my nonessential questions. Just give me the solution when you find it. Thanks.
I am sorry this is a new format and the locks are not working correctly also if the worktime runs out send an email to *****@******.*** so they can put the clock back, in fact you may have to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm. Maybe I should just get my money back and see if I can get anything from the manufacturer. Thanks for trying.