Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV Model TC-P42S1 and the screen

Customer Question

I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV Model TC-P42S1 and the screen has suddenly gone blank. I get a blue display panel when it is turned on that tells me that it is on HDMI 1, or when I use any of the controls. A box will also float around the screen that tells says "Channel not available" if the television is turned off of HDMI. The red light on the front is solid, so no blink codes. I need som direction to resolve this problem. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
blue display panel when it is turned on that tells me that it is on HDMI 1, box will also float around the screen that tells says "Channel not available" if the television is turned off of HDMI. It sounds like your inputs are switching, and if you were using HDMI 1 to watch a cable box, then that input may be dead. You should try moving HDMI 1's cable over to any other HDMI connection and see if the picture/sound reappears first. If it doesn't, try a different unit that has HDMI on it, like a DVD player or a different box you use on another TV that's working fine. Right now the question is whether the TV's HDMI or the box's HDMI is the problem.