Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 6 yr old Sanyo 42" LCD HD TV. Today the picutre suddenl

Customer Question

I have a 6 yr old Sanyo 42" LCD HD TV. Today the picutre suddenly went black. Audio still on. When I reboot the system it stayed on. I just finished a recorded program and immediately went black after the program not giving me the optios to save/delete, etc. I've had it off while typing - turned it on and no picture. Is this the end?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Could you give me the full model number of the tv?Does this happen on all sources/inputs? (cable/satellite, dvd, game, etc)?Are you able to still see the sanyo on screen setup menu while the screen is otherwise black?