Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I recently bought an Insigina 20" LED DVD combo tv. Our current

Customer Question

I recently bought an Insigina 20" LED DVD combo tv. Our current system has the main tv in the living room and the Insigina in the kitchen. We also have Dish hooked up to the system.
My question is if I play the dvd player in the insigina tv will it disrupt the current system and will I be able to watch the dvd on the main tv in the living room? As you can see I am not very tech savy and afraid to try something with out being sure first it will work.
Thanks for your help
Sue Anderson
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sue. The dvd player is an internal function, built into the insignia. It will play only on the insignia. Playing a dvd on the insignia won't disrupt the tv in the other room, but it also won't be able to send dvd to the other room. For that you'd need to buy a separate dvd player to hook up to the living room tv. If you have a cord from the dish box going to the insignia (or if the insignia has its own dish box in the kitchen), then you can watch those satellite channels on it as well. Best regards,Nathan