Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Suddenly my TV went black as I was watching it. I can hear

Customer Question

Suddenly my TV went black as I was watching it. I can hear the voice , but have no picture.. my pros can is about two and a half years old. Model PLDED5030A-C-RK. Looking at the screen in the dark has no glow. I usually leave my set on for long periods at a time. Many times all night. Do you have any idea if I have burned it out?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No DIY. I will call a TV tec. I'm not wise enough to attempt a DIY.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Your general location please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Denver, Colorado. I appreciate your help. Thank you for your service. Do you know who I can call to come out and fix my TV later in the morning?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
The most likely suspect would be a failed LED driver (powers the backlight). This is part of the power supply board. Please click HERE. For repair services, please click HERE and HERE. Key in your Zip Code and then click on the Submit and Go buttons.Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.