Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Dear Aric My TV Samsung model code LNS 405 1DX/XAA Version

Customer Question

Dear Aric My TV Samsung model code LNS 405 1DX/XAA Version SP a1 just stoppd showing the pictures - everything else is ok. Are you able to let me know how much I willpay to fix it
XXXXXXX
*****@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Josae. Are you saying that you're getting sound, but no picture?Does the screen still light up? Are you able to see the samsung on screen setup menu at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No pocture
Screen dark
No menu
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming. Can you please try, in a dim/dark room, holding a flashlight up to the screen, and let me know if you're able to make out any image that way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It dif not show any light Pr picturr
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Van seone come to my House or there os a Place on Orlando. Fl Ehete i can tale my Tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for checking. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2006 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.For a tv this size though, replacement would be more practical. You could buy a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty and updated features for the same price or less than repairs. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did try all ways
Do you have a place where I can take my Tv?????
The. Tv looks new has a beautiful colors
I will try to send to SamsungBest RegardsJose Dasilva
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Jose,Yes you can take it to any of these service companies: http://bit.ly/1I7V4AVAgain though for a nearly 10 year old tv, I wouldn't consider it worth the investment. It is already past its expected service life, and even if you fix this issue, there is a strong likelihood that some other part will fail soon, putting you right back where you started. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan