Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a tobshiba regza hd tv all was well until the last

Customer Question

hi i have a tobshiba regza hd tv all was well until the last couple of weeks. now the pic will go black audio stays so if i shut it off wait a min or some times longer turn it back on the pic is there. but this week it's cutting out more often. any easy fix? your dealing with a senior who is not electronic savey.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me the full model number of the tv please? That should be printed on a sticker on back.Can you also tell me what sources/inputs you use with the tv (cable/satellite box, dvd, game, etc) and if this issue happens with all of those?When the pic goes black, is the screen still lit, or entirely dark, as though it had been powered off?Can you still bring up and see the toshiba on screen setup menu during this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK HONEY SERIAL # ***** I HAVE COMCAST AND THE NEIGHBOR CONNECT IT. THERE'S A TRI COLORED TIP CORD RED WHITE AND YELLOW ON EACH END IT'S CONNECTED IN THE COLUMN MARKED VIDEO 1
THE PIC GOES BLACK VOICE STILL THERE. NOT SURE ABOUT THE SET UP MENU. AND OF COURSE IT HASN'T GONE BLACK SINCE I TALKED TO YOU.!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to find the model number for me, rather than the serial number?No rush at all, take your time (bookmark/favorite this page to reply back when ready) and let me know about the menu, next time it goes black, you can check it then (just push the menu/setup button on toshiba remote, and see if anything comes on screen)Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY, MODEL # 32HL67 AND IT HASN'T GONE OUT SINCE I WROTE YOU! LIKE GOING TO THE DENTIST!! LOL
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. Just sit tight for now, and let me know what you can when the issue comes back, take as long as you need. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK BUT IT PROBABLY WONT BE TILL TOMORROW AFTERNOON. WILL YOU BE THERE?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is no problem at all. I'm online most all day (but I'm on west coast time, fyi), so I'll probably be here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK SO TOMORROW I CAN SIGN INTO ACCT AND REQUEST YOU?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Correct, just bookmark/favorite this page to get back to me on the original question here, where our conversation will continue. Don't post a new question though, as that will cost you again and you may get someone else.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANK YOU, ***** ***** IN MASS. AND WILL BE GOING TO BED SOON. I AM ON CHEMO THERAPY AND IT MAKES ME VERY TIRED. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND I HOPE TO TALK TO YOU TOMORROW.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. I'll watch for your update when ready, and again no rush. If you are tired or just busy and don't get to it for a few days, that's fine too.Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.