Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

8100 was working fine untill it got shipped and now everything

Customer Question

8100 was working fine untill it got shipped and now everything has a bright greenish glow around it. Meaning everything on screen words images lines its all like three lines in one. I've tried replacing the bulb.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the projector for?
2) What sources are connected to it?
3) Do all sources give the same greenish tint?
4) If you pull up the projector's internal MENU, does the MENU itself also suffer from the green hue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

owend for 5 years

sony blue ray player connected via HDMI same set up as before it got moved

I have only tried hdmi same player so idk about other sorces

Yes the menu is very hard to see all the lines letters have a glow around them mostly visable around black and white lines

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
The MENU supersedes all external connections and settings, so if the projector's INTERNAL MENU (not the MENU generated by the Sony disc player), is also affected, then this is a hardware fault in the unit.
Please confirm that you are checking using projector's MENU, and if this is affected, let me know if you are looking to repair the unit yourself please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes its the projector menu

Yes if i could fix it myself I would

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am not able to locate the parts needed for this repair- as there are none available besides the lamp and fan (which are not the problem)., I will need to opt out and open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so if I wait will someone else respond?