Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have kdl47s4100 first I had no picture and no sound. I changed

Customer Question

I have kdl47s4100 first I had no picture and no sound. I changed the power bosrd no change
I changed the main board it works for about 30 minutes and I loose picture and sound. If I wait half a day it comes on ok for 30. Minites any ideas
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please recheck TV model number as it could be KDL-46S4100 or some thing?
- Does backlight stay in screen while picture and sound disappear?
- Does TV own menu screen come up once picture disappear if push Menu/Home button on TV or its remote?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL-46S4100 is correct
What is the backlight? Where do I see it?
Menu will not come on when the picture and sound disappears
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Backlight means light inside screen, does screen become black as TV was off or show some glow when picture goes out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is some glow
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you please get me the part numbers off of main board and power board that are replaced?
Are the both boards have same part numbers as of old boards?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes in fact I had to verify the serial numbers in the TV. I got them from shopjimmy web sight and they were supposed to be new. they worked for one day then the next day it only stayed on for about 30 minutes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to restore TV to default settings?
If not yet, please follow the below procedure to reset TV to default settings that might help to resolve the problem..
1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that this morning after the tv went off and it does not work
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd as the boards are new, have you checked all the connectors that were removed for boards installation to make sure all are plugged securely and tight?
If all look good then I would ask board supplier to replace the A (main) Board as exiting main board seems suspected because picture goes out along with sound and menu screen also doesn't come up that eliminate the T-Con board and power supply board in TV.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will reset all the connectors and retest it. If that doesn't fix it I will order another board. I guess it could be defective. Thanks for the help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I hope there would be a lose connector that isn't plugged securely and causing the problem or the new main board has internal issue and swapping it will help to resolve the problem.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.