Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

just got a Samsung 60" LED TV 6003 and a Vizio Sound bar SB4020M- A0.

just got a Samsung 60" LED TV 6003 and a Vizio Sound bar SB4020M-
A0. How do I connect it?

The TV has only RCA Component/AV IN, 2 HDMI IN, and 1 USB port; it has no digital optical and coaxial cable.

The Vizio sound bar has 1 digital optical IN, digital coaxial IN, and RCA IN.

I also have a 5 output HDMI OUT switcher (if this helps).

Do you know of an adapter (RCA OUT to RCA OUT)?
If there is, will the RCA IN convert to RCA OUT?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately this TV is one of the newer Samsung Models that doesn't give you an Audio Out. I am not crazy about this new design and it does give many installers- including myself headaches.

Can you please tell me what devices are connected to the TV for Inputs (Cable Box, DVD, Blu Ray, etc.)?

Do these devices have RCA, or Optical Outputs, or a combination of both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cable Box - Both combinations

Blu Ray Player - Both connections

Roku (a streaming media device) - HDMI connection

KINIVO (HDMI switcher) - 5 HDMI input, 1 HDMI out

Cable Box to TV - HDMI

KINIVO - Blu Ray Player and Roku

Note: the Sound Bar is basically used for the Roku.

Thanks for the reply Chad. Unfortunately the Soundbar is not ideal for the setup you have, for several reasons.

You see, you don't even have enough connections on the TV for all of these devices to connect to, as well the TV does not have a Digital Audio Output. The components would all have to connect directly to the Soundbar in order to get the audio signal to pass from the Vizio soundbar.

Really, there is no way to connect all of the devices you have to the TV, and to the soundbar.

What you need for a solution to this problem is a Home Theater receiver that has HDMI switching, and also audio processing. You would then run all of the devices through the receiver to switch between audio and video signals, then run a single HDMI cable back to the TV in order to get video from all of the devices.

I know this isn't the ideal answer you'd hoped for, but after reviewing all of the different devices you have to connect to the TV, as well as the limitations of the soundbar, the best solution would be a Home Theater receiver with HDMI switching and also an Optical Out to run to the soundbar.

There are several Denon and Onkyo solutions that would solve all of these problems at once, and also allow you to use the soundbar, or use passive speakers with the system.

If you need further assistance or a recommendation for a receiver that will work, please let me know and I will continue to assist you.

Once you're satisfied, also please do not forget to rate me accordingly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last question: I looked at the Onkyo TX-SR313 AV receiver. If I am to get it ( how is it connected. I have a picture of the back of the Onkyo (via

If I am to get it, I want to have the option to have it on for all components.

That receiver will not work, as you actually need one that has an "Optical Output" that you can connect to the Soundbar. However, if you used the one you mentioned, you would need to then use passive speakers. Let me know if you're planning on using different speakers or if you would like a recommendation to a receiver that will support this soundbar as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes....a recommendation that will support the sound bar.

Okay, this will take me a few minutes to dig one up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

take your time. :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am fine with the RCA connection from the sound bar.

Can you check the back of the TV briefly for me, and see if one of the HDMI Inputs is labeled "ARC" next to it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is the 2 HDMI connections.

This is making it even harder to find a solution that will work as all Home Theater receivers rely on an ARC compatible HDMI jack.

Alright, so I've finally found a receiver that does not require the ARC function to get audio from HDMI connected devices.

The Sony at the link below would work, and you'd connect ALL HDMI compatible devices to the HDMI Inputs on the receiver, then run a single HDMI cable out to the TV.

Then for the soundbar connection, you'd use the headphone jack on the Sony- which is the only audio jack that will output sound from the HDMI Inputs. Plug a 1/4" stereo to RCA adapter into the receiver, then run RCA cables to the soundbar.

The converter is at the link below:

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service once you're satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much!!!!! :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got it connected. I connected from the soundbar to the source unit (ie, cable box, BD, & Roku). All 3 source unit is now connected 2 HDMI & RCA, HDMI & Digital Coaxial, and HDMI & Optical cable.

I had no idea 2 connection (OUT) from the same source unit would work; but it did.

Thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays :)