Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi Nathan. My mitsubish 73 dlp has a poblem. after about an

Hi Nathan. My mitsubish 73 dlp has a poblem. after about an hour the faces look like they are sunburned or like a negative from a film camera. then the color goes to just everything green tint. I can turn the color down to 0 and its black and white. The faces and everything look good at this point with none of that sunburned or negative effect. the tint adjustment does nothing to remedy this when the color level is normal
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occurring, does the MENU display normally on the screen, or is it also affected by the strange color?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought the set used about 3 years ago. the problem started a couple months ago. I will run the tv now and see what happens. Like i said. its fine for about an hour or so then it starts having this problem

Thank you for the reply. This problem can be caused by several things, and in order to narrow it down, I'll need to know if it occurs with the TV's internal MENU image as well, by pressing MENU on the Mitsu remote. Additionally, listen for any buzz, or hum noises when the issue occurs please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not notice any noise when the problem occurs.

Thank you Paul, but I will also need to know what the TV's MENU does when you bring it up and this problem is occurring- specifically if the MENU is affected by this problem.

Please reply back when you have the answers to these questions and I will able to isolate the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will get back to you when it starts having the problem. Thanks.

Okay sounds good, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like all inputs have same problem as well as the menu

Thanks for the reply Paul, This is an internal problem with the TV, that will progressively get worse over time. It's either caused by one of two things, the DMD board in the set which processes the video signals and colors, or the power supply board. Either of these faults would require component testing and replacement to correct it, and the only way to know which board is to actually go inside the set with a meter and test power supply outputs. Thankfully the problem is either going to be one or the other. Average cost for this type of repair is between $250-$350 parts and labor- depending on which board you're looking at.

If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back to me and I will continue to assist you. Best regards, Aric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. I bought another TV....