Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Im using a Coby tfdvd3285s2 with my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop

I'm using a Coby tfdvd3285s2 with my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop as a monitor. How do I adjust the tv so that the picture doesn't extend over the edge?

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Is your laptop connected to the tv using a VGA cable ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

with an HDMI cable

O.k then your tv does not recognize your laptop as a "PC" and does not offer the option to adjust the screen size beside the ZOOM button on the remote which I doubt would set a correct screen size although you could try it.

If you`d like to have full control over the computer mode display then you would need to connect it with a VGA cable then in the OPTION menu under VGA SETTINGS you would be able to set it either to AUTO or to adjust the horizontal and vertical size manually .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My laptop will not allow the use of a VGA cable

Sorry then but perhaps the only options left would be with video/display software through your PC .

Some video cards /chips have their own specialized software that allows you to set the screen size and resolution .

Possibly that changing the resolution on your pc may help as well ?

Afraid that this tv was made to be used as a monitor only through it VGA input.