Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

My Tv will not turn on by remote or manually. As well the

My Tv will not turn on by remote or manually. As well the screen is flashing on the top right hand corner
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to the site, and thanks for your question! I'm Dan, and I'll do my best. I've worked with your model many times.

How old is the TV? Any clicking when you try to turn it on? What it flashing, exactly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I won the Tv in a Contest at work in July 2009 no clicking sound the red light flashes on the manual button. I was not working last night and I saw it flashing white flashes in the middle of the night

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
OK, thank you.

Have you disconnected the power cord for 5 minutes, to let everything reset?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

the cord on the back of the set? no

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Yes, on the back of the TV. Please disconnect that cord, wait 5 minutes, then reconnect and let me know if anything changes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

No change

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I've worked with this model a lot, and this definitely appears to be an internal failure. Do you have any desire to get inside the TV yourself to make repairs? Or do you need a diagnosis and cost on repair?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Probably a diagnosis I'm note sure if I could fix it on my own

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
OK, no problem.

There are 2 things inside your TV that can cause this... the power supply circuit, and the digital main board. The most probable cause is the power supply circuit.

Samsung actually had a pretty bad rash of failures on this model over the past few years, and most centered on the capacitors they used in the power supply. There was even a class-action lawsuit in the US about it.

So, I suspect the power supply circuit will need to be replaced. Sorry to bear bad news, but it's not all bad... because it would actually be cost effective to repair. In most cases, it's in the $150-$250 neighborhood, depending on where you live.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face, then "Submit." Don't worry, that won't close your question... you can come back whenever you want for more information. Now, if this didn't answer your question, just click "Reply to Expert" and let me know!

Best,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Would you be able to give me the name and info of a place that can repair it in or around Hamilton ON?

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

The only ON service centre I'm aware of is in Mississauga. I'm not sure if that's close to you, but you can call them at 1-800-726-7864 to see if there's a closer one.

Best,
Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.