Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

Hi Dan. Thanks for your service! I have a Panasonic TC P42c2

Customer Question

Hi Dan. Thanks for your service! I have a Panasonic TC P42c2 TV that will not turn on. A relay clicks then clicks again a few seconds later. The power light flashes continuosly one second on then three seconds off. I replaced the power board but the results are the same. The TV is 3 years old but probably has less than 100 hours of on time. Any thoughts on what I could try next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

SQ11

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What was the reply to my question? I don't see anything except a request for a rating

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Relist: Other.
did not get an answer. just a request for a rating!
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Dan here! I'm sorry you were having trouble with the system. I'll do my best to take care of you from this point, OK?

Do you have a meter? What's the part number on the board you installed?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes I have a meter. P/n NOAB6JK00001

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
OK, reference the diagram below. Please disconnect the power cord, then disconnect the SN board from the P board. Then reconnect the power cord, and try to turn the TV on. Let me know if the symptoms change at all.
graphic
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

already did that. no change.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Sorry to repeat procedures. Can you tell me everything you've done, so we don't redouble efforts?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Following disconnected from each other one at a time with same result:
P-SN

SN-SS

P-SS

I then disconnected both cables from P to A and got no click/no red power light at all.

After I re -connected those, I disconnected the speakers -same result.

I also disconnected the push button power switch.-same result.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
What voltages are you getting out of the P-board when you press the power button? Is VSUS active? 15V?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

it jumps around but 150-190vdc

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Sounds like your P-board is working just fine. Have you replaced the A-board? That's the next logical defect based on the symptoms.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No I haven't. It will take a couple of days to get it if I can find one. Sounds like I'll have to determine the "suffix" for the P/N. Any suggestions where to find one?

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
I like ShopJimmy.com and TristateModule.com for used/refurbished parts. Both are very good. Suffixes won't matter... they're just revisions of the same core board. Match suffix if you can, but it's not a big deal.

Replace the A-board. That's what I would do in this scenario.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face, then "Submit." Don't worry, that won't close your question... you can come back whenever you want for more information. Now, if this didn't answer your question, just click "Reply to Expert" and let me know!

Best,

Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Dan. I'll try that. I'll let you know how it worked or ask for more advice next week.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Great! I look forward to hearing about it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I replaced the "A" board as you suggested. TV works fine now. The board was pretty hard to find. Couldn't find a used one. Most vendors had not had one in stock for months. Got one for $202 after return core charge. Thanks again. I'll ask for you next time!

Ken

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ken,

I'm happy to hear the TV is up and running! That's really excellent news!

$202 is pricey, you're right, but it's definitely better than a new TV! I'm happy to help in the future, just let me know.

Best,