Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

HI, I have a Sanyo DP50749 Plasma TV that is completely dead.

HI, I have a Sanyo DP50749 Plasma TV that is completely dead. There is no indication of anything happening when the power switch is pressed. I have the PS board removed and found the main power fuse (F101) blown. I am an electronic tech. and worked analog tv's for years but never plazma or LCD flat screens. Like others ,I also found you can't find power supply info for this tv. My question is Is it safe to power up the power supply board out of the set to check supply voltages. I have the power supply a home but not the rest of the set. Thanks
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Its OK to work on it with the fault you have (blowing mains power fuse)as its likely to be bridge rectifier\filtering components\or main HT regulator that drives the switch mode\power transformer so once you replace whats needed their and the fuse stops blowing thats a fix, the thing you need to remember is the powerboard is activated for LT rails by the mainboard so its unlatched by the mainboard however it should not affect anything your doing to correct the issue
Please remember to allow adequate time for HT capacitors to dissipate energy or you may feel it through your fingers!

Let me know if you need more info

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I am going to try now. I will get back to you asap.

Hi Jim

Yes please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open as long as you need it

Anthony