Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

Hello, I currently have a Samsung model number #ln40d550. 2

Hello, I currently have a Samsung model number #ln40d550. 2 days ago I was watching television and a pop sound went off, black screen and a small burning smell. Now the television wont open anymore. I unplugged it and let it settle for 2 days. once re plugged, the same problems is occurring. I took the back off the television to see if any blown capacitors were the issue, since my past 26inch samsung tv had that problem and was able to fix it only by replacing the blown capacitor. But now as I keep looking, no capacitors seems to be blown. Any leads to my next step to fix this probleme. (btw the light flashes 5 times before stopping completely, and when turned off the light is still red like usual)
Do you have a DC digital volt meter and know how to read DC voltages?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not own a DC digital voltmeter.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX necessary to test voltages to determine what board or component may be faulty. other wise it is just a guessing game. But lets see if we can narrow it down.
When you plug the TV in does it automatically try to turn on or do you have to press the power button to get it to try and turn on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I plug the television the red light turns on to show that it has power but I do have to press the power on button to turn it truly on. Then it flashes 5 times before going dark. (by pressing it again, it turns the television off and turns the red light back on to show that it has power)

1 Does screen ever light or flicker?
2 Does the sound ever come on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The screen stays black and the sound never comes on.

The fact that the TV tries to turn on is a indication that the main board is most likely working, this would leave either the power supply board or the inverter board is not supplying power to light the panel, even the LCD panel could be at fault, unfortunately it is very difficult at best without doing proper diagnostics, because the power supply had a prior issue it is most likely the power supply that has failed. That would be my best guess without trouble shooting. If I was in your shoes I would feel confident that replacing the power supply is going to solve the problem but please don't hold that against me if turns out that is not the problem. I can provide you with a link to the power board if you feel you want to give it a try.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would love to have a link to some power supply. Thank you.

Here is a link to the page, the first two supplys on the top of the page should be the one you need for 51.00 however make sure you take a good look at them and see that they match the one in your unit. before ordering. (click here) The site is operating very slow I think it may just be to a large volume of traffic this time of day.