Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have an 32" ENVISION LCD TV that was manufactured in China

I have an 32" ENVISION LCD TV that was manufactured in China Sept. 2007. Several
months ago, the power supply was damaged by a lighting bolt that struck nearby my
home. I have taken the TV to several TV repair services, but they cannot locate the
part that I need. I have also tried to contact a Envision TV service center without any success.

Model No. L32W761
Part No. Z4200E4P
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

Nathan :

As I'm sure you've already learned in your research, Envision is a 3rd tier brand, meaning it is a rebranded tv, containing parts from several different manufacturers, which can change frequently. For that reason, you'll never be able to find any new parts available, especially for a tv this old.

Nathan :

The best you'll be able to do here is to get a used, or possibly refurbished part.

Nathan :

Here is one example of a used part, that appears to be in stock.

Nathan :

You can also check with Shop Jimmy http://www.shopjimmy.com/a0c-adtv24200e4p-power-supply-unit.htm

Nathan :

they don't have one in stock right now, but if you request it, they are usually pretty good about procuring the part for you.

Nathan :

I will caution you up front however, that most would not consider this set to be worth the time, cost, and effort to repair.

Nathan :

You'll be looking at $75-100 for a used part, and even then there is no guarantee of a fix, as power surges will often damage multiple components, so there is a fair chance you'll end up needing to replace the main board, inverter, etc as well.

Nathan :

I'm sure you've found as well that repairs at a local shop, if they can get the parts, would be well over $300.

Considering the age, and size of the tv, and that you could replace it with a brand new set, from a more reputable manufacturer, and with a fresh warranty, for under $300, many people would consider that to be the more practical option.

Here is an example:

VIZIO E320i-A0 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED... (click for link)

Nathan :

Best of luck to you with whichever route you decide to take, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer:

Thank you Nathan for your honest reply. It was just as I expected, but I wanted to make

Customer:

sure

Nathan :

Good morning

Nathan :

and you are welcome. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, it's never fun, but I hope it will at least help you to make an informed decision about how to proceed.

Customer:

To be honest with you, this TV has been sitting in a corner in my back bedroom for over a year now. I purchased a HD Samsung that following day. Envision will be in the garbage for pickup tomorrow morning. Thank you.

Nathan :

Sounds like the right plan to me.

Nathan :

Though, if you're feeling adventurous, and knowing the parts are hard to find, you might make a couple bucks tearing the set down and selling off some of the parts on ebay to someone else who needs them (like the inverter and main board).

Nathan :

Otherwise, the recycle bin makes sense to me too.

Customer:

Thanks. Take care.

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Nathan, I have just received another e-mail from "Just Answer regarding two questions. First, "Do I have anymore TV questions". Again, per our last discussion on Nov. 12, I stated that the TV would be in the garbage the next day.....which it was. It's now gone! Second question, "Did I give you a rating". As you can see from above, I did give you an "Excellent" rating. Again, thanks for your service.