Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Samsung TV (Model #LN46A550P3FXZA) does not want to turn

My Samsung TV (Model #LN46A550P3FXZA) does not want to turn on. Initially , it clicked two or three times but finally turned on. Now, I have turned it off and tried to restart it, but all I get are loud clicks-quite metallic - like a solenoid trying to get it started.
I switched out the batteries in the remote, unplugged the TV from the surge protector, and used another wall plug, and reset the surge protector for another restart- but the clicking is still there , with no restart.

Any help??? Phil Snow
Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you. Unfortunately your Tv has an internal failure. There is no easy fix like pressing some buttons. Unplugging the power cord for a few minutes is the only reset that you can do.

This is actually a common problem on this model. The Tv has bad capacitors on the power supply board. The capacitors need to be replaced (soldered onto the board) or the entire power supply board replaced (more expensive but no soldering:

click here to buy capacitor kit

click here to buy power supply

If you cannot do this type of DIY work then you can find a trusted local repair shop by entering your zip code info here:

Click here to find you local repair shops

I wish there was better news. Please understand that I am here to give you honest and complete information. At least you are now informed of your options.

If you need more assistance then REPLY here otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,