Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How do I replace the lamp LFS4000PA1 on a Panasonic PT-56LCX70-K

How do I replace the lamp LFS4000PA1 on a Panasonic PT-56LCX70-K TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Do you actually have a new lamp unit in hand ?

This is the lamp unit;

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hello ?

Can you see my reply above ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes I have a new lamp LFS4000PA1

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

O.k then , reason for asking is that usually this lamp had to be replaced by a Panasonic ASC (authorized service center) or you needed permission to buy this lamp.

Perhaps things have changed.

What I can do is to upload the procedure to replace the lamp from the service manual.

Although I must say that this lamp was not user replaceable and it can be tricky.

Be back shortly with that procedure.

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Sorry it took a while , had to split it in 2 parts

Here is the first part , click on the link here "CLICK ME"

And here is part 2 "CLICK ME"

Give them a minute to open and you can then save them to file and/or print them .

There are 18 pages in all.

You will also see that the optical block has to come out to replace the lamp , no need to remove the front of the tv.

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer if that does the trick , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Jack.

This is what I've been looking for.

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions

Good luck and take your time , easy does it .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Jack,

Am I missing the reassembly instructions? The last page I received was page 42. This contains all the instructions for removing the lamp but no instructions on reassembling everything.

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Actually where it says re-assembly on page 42 , that is for the "

Reassembly Note for Lamp Shield Case Ass’y: "

The re-assembly is the reverse procedure you just performed.

There is no re-assembly procedure per say in the manual

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the TV works good now. I gave you an excellent service rating.

Thanks for your assistance.

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Glad to hear that.

By the way , if you did receive a reminder/message about rating , then it was sent by the website , not me.

Looks like the system has been doing that lately , just ignore future message about rating.

Thank you and happy tv :)