Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.
33243543

I have a Samsung 58B860 Plasma that likes to change the input

I have a Samsung 58B860 Plasma that likes to change the input by itself while watching TV. It will also go into a random store display mode. The only temp fix for the input is to unplug the unit. Is there a permanent fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the complete model number written on back or side of TV?

58B860 seems incorrect/ incomplete number.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This what your looking for?

Samsung PN-58B860

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Bob for model info.

This kind of issue appears when TV set on Store Demo mode and we need to set it on Home Use mode that will stop displaying built in features.

Please turn On TV, select TV mode in source list, press Menu to show up menu screen, go to Setup and select Plug & Play and press OK to get initial setup screen where you can select Home use mode.

There is another way to get it fix..
Turn On TV, press the volume button on TV, when volume display appears on TV screen then press and hold Menu button on the TV for 5 seconds to set TV on Home use mode that would resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that, I already know how to address that. Its the random input changing while watching tv that I'm trying to fix. When it does that I have to unplug the tv then change the input back to HDMI 1.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.

- When TV goes in random input change mode, can you select desired input/ source at that time with source button on TV or its remote?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not until you unplug the unit and power back up.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob,

It seems hardware failure, unfortunately, however we can try to update TV firmware that might help to resolve the issue and if that doesn't help then need to replace main board in TV to fix the problem.
If you haven't tried to upgrade TV firmware yet then please check following Samsung link and download "upgrade file firmware version 1013" along with "upgrade guide version 1.0" pdf file that has detailed instructions for that..

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/PN58B860Y2FXZA

And if it has already been tried then I'm sorry, we need to replace main board in TV, please take off back cover of TV and get the part number written on sticker pasted on main board to search/ google it for price and stock info to get identical replacement main board for this TV.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,

Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.