Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Working on a Samsung plasma model PN50C550G1FXZA with approx

Working on a Samsung plasma model PN50C550G1FXZA with approx 6 vertical lines on the screen. Also you can only select between PC and RF for your source inputs..T-Con board is good but green LED keeps Flashing..Mite be bad Display Panel??
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Could you let me know please what board you swapped?this is a plasma set it doesnt have a tcon board

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im calling it that as most of these I work on are LCD. It is the Main LOgic CTRL Board..Board # XXXXX

Hi Eddie

OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control are the lines over the menu display please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the lines are over the menu display..I am using the menu button on the TV though as my customer has lost their remote..If we do repair it I will get them one. You did see where the green LED flashes on the Main Logic CTRL board?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please note...Disregard the trouble where you can only go between PC and Rf..This Tv requires you have something hooked up to the input to change between sources

Hi

Yes
OK the vertical lines are they grouped together or coming across the set ?how thick are they?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from left to right 1st one is 6" in then the next 0ne is 14" from that and the next 3 are 3" apart then 14" from there is the last one that is 6" from right..they arePencil line thin except the center one is 3 pencil lines as is the far right one..

Hi Eddie

Its going to be a bad panel that wont be buffers or mainboard for pencil lines

Sorry for the bad news

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS