Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a RCA 32" TV model number LED32B30RQD it has a DVD combination

I have a RCA 32" TV model number LED32B30RQD it has a DVD combination on it also. But my problem is it has a good picture but there is no sound just a clicking sound. I went by the troubleshooting part in the manual I tried to reset the sound and nothing worked and I unplugged the tv from the power source and still doesn't work just a clicking sound. Do I need to do something else to it that isn't listed in the manual for troubleshooting?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

How long have you owned the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Also, do you get the same clicking sound regardless of using the DVD player, or regular TV broadcasting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've owned the TV for a little over a year ,and it occurred while watching TV tonight . Yes no matter what I got the TV on the clicking is there.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Does the clicking get louder or softer with the volume control on the set?

Also, is it coming from the speakers, or the back of the TV- or is it hard to tell?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The clicking stays the same volume . No matter where the volume is set ' I think the back of the TV. That's what It sounds like.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this problem, and it does require service. The clicking sound indicates that the audio IC that drives the internal speakers has failed. It is common in these sets as they use very low powered amplifier IC's that generally heat up and fail.

The IC is located on the mainboard, and requires the board be replaced. This type of repair is typically around $175 to replace the Mainboard. I wish I had better news, but there are no resets or buttons you can press to fix this problem and the set will require service.

The replacement of the board is very simple if you'd like to do this yourself. It can be purchased at the link below for $60 and change, and all that's needed for this repair is a screwdriver:

If you're not comfortable with this type of repair, then if you'd like you can locate a tech at the link below:

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back to me and I will continue to assist you. Best regards, Aric