Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

I have a 3 year-old SHARP LC-60LE81OUN LED_LCD HDTV. I turned

I have a 3 year-old SHARP LC-60LE81OUN LED_LCD HDTV. I turned it on and all I get is a blank picture with a green horizontal line going from top to bottom. Cable and receiver seem fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is Steven.
I will be happy to try and help you with this.
Could you tell me a little more about the issue.? There is no picture just a black screen?
How about the menu if you use the Sharp TV remote are you able to see the menu?
Is there any sound?

We're looking forward to hearing back from you soon!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Steven. Black picture with horizontal green light going from top to bottom. When I hit menu on the sharp remote it does come on.

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
You said there was a line? Is it a line or light?
Is there sound?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It's a 1" green line that goes across the picture but it moves from the top of the Tv to the bottom. There is no audio

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX tried any other devices to make sure the problem is not with the source (cable box)? If the menu appears to be normal the. The problem would either be a source problem or possibly the main board has failed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

If it is a main board is that worth fixing?

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
The main board this unit is 160.00 dollars, I would think for this size TV it would be worth repairing.
Have you tried another device to see if it still has the same issue, possibly a DVD player or something?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Steven. The DVD works fine. Picture and audio.

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
Ok, thank god I asked that question, I am willing to bet the problem is with the cable box. I have seen this before, a filter capacitor goes bad in the cable box and causes that horizontal line to scroll up the screen with no video. The first thing I would do is have the cable box replaced by your provider.
Steven, Technician
Experience: Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks Steve for your help. You were excellent. I will call the cable company.

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.
Your welcome and let me know how you make out.