Ok, your TV was part of the settlement but it appears that the settlement's time frame expired on Sept 12th of this year (last month).
I would give Samsung a call and explain that yours was one of the TVs covered and see if they will budge. 1 800 SAMSUNG If they do not, I can show you how to fix it for about $100.
Here are details of the settlement:
A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving certain Samsung televisions. In cooperation with the District Court of Oklahoma County, Samsung Inc. is offering a settlement for certain Samsung-branded televisions manufactured prior to December 31, 2008. You may be entitled to receive the benefits of this proposed Class Action Settlement if you purchased, acquired or otherwise owned any of the following Samsung-branded televisions, and the television is experiencing or has experienced the "Covered TV Symptom(s)" as described in the proposed Settlement. The class action lawsuit alleges a defect that may cause the television to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems. Samsung denies the allegations in the lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the costs and uncertainty of continued litigation.
Model Number Serial Numbers
LCD TV ----- LN-T******/XAA; LN**A******XZA; LNS4041DX/XAA; LNS4051DX/XAA; LNS4052DX/XAA; LNS5296DX/XAA
Plasma TV ----- HPT5034X/XAA; HPT5044X/XAA; HPT5054X/XAA; HPT5064X/XAA; PN42A410C1DXZA; PN42A450P1DXZA; PN50A410C1DXZA; PN50A450P1DXZA; PN50A460S4DXZA
DLP TV ----- HLT5087SAX/XAA; HLT5087SX/XAA; HLT5089SAX/XAA; HLT5089SX/XAA; HLT5687SAX/XAA; HLT5687SX/XAA; HLT5689SAX/XAA; HLT5689SX/XAA; HLT6187SAX/XAA; HLT6187SX/XAA; HLT6189SAX/XAA; HLT6189SX/XAA
This class action lawsuit (the "Lawsuit") alleges a defect that may cause the Televisions to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a significant delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems (the "Covered TV Symptom(s)").
If you have experienced a Covered TV Symptom(s), or if you experience a Covered TV Symptom(s) within eighteen months after March 2, 2012, the Settlement of this Lawsuit provides for Samsung Inc, ("SEA"), to offer you one or more of the following benefits, as applicable (please note that the following is only a summary of the benefits offered under this Settlement and that you must review the entire Notice to determine the conditions under which those benefits become available):
- a free service visit for qualifying Television (see section entitled "How Do I Qualify For A Free Evaluation" below) to determine if your Television has a problem covered by the Settlement and, if it does, to fix the problem (the "Settlement Warranty"); or
- the refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to evaluate or diagnose the problem covered by the Settlement; or
- the refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to fix the problem covered by the Settlement; or
- a $300 fully transferable debit card if you reported to SEA, prior to March 2, 2012, the problem covered by the Settlement, but did not get it fixed, and you now no longer possess your Television.
- a payment of $50 if, after March 2, 2012, you require more than one repair to fix the problem covered by the Settlement.
I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.