Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

Our samsung lcd tv spends up to 5 minutes clicking after the

Our samsung lcd tv spends up to 5 minutes clicking after the on button has been pushed before it finally comes on.
Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Some Samungs have had similar issues and were subject to a class action suit to cover repair costs. May I ask which model of Samsung LCD you have there? It will be written on the rear of the set.

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

LNT4661FX/XAA

Ok, your TV was part of the settlement but it appears that the settlement's time frame expired on Sept 12th of this year (last month).

I would give Samsung a call and explain that yours was one of the TVs covered and see if they will budge. 1 800 SAMSUNG If they do not, I can show you how to fix it for about $100.

Here are details of the settlement:

A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving certain Samsung televisions. In cooperation with the District Court of Oklahoma County, Samsung Inc. is offering a settlement for certain Samsung-branded televisions manufactured prior to December 31, 2008. You may be entitled to receive the benefits of this proposed Class Action Settlement if you purchased, acquired or otherwise owned any of the following Samsung-branded televisions, and the television is experiencing or has experienced the "Covered TV Symptom(s)" as described in the proposed Settlement. The class action lawsuit alleges a defect that may cause the television to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems. Samsung denies the allegations in the lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the costs and uncertainty of continued litigation.

Model Number Serial Numbers
LCD TV ----- LN-T******/XAA; LN**A******XZA; LNS4041DX/XAA; LNS4051DX/XAA; LNS4052DX/XAA; LNS5296DX/XAA

Plasma TV ----- HPT5034X/XAA; HPT5044X/XAA; HPT5054X/XAA; HPT5064X/XAA; PN42A410C1DXZA; PN42A450P1DXZA; PN50A410C1DXZA; PN50A450P1DXZA; PN50A460S4DXZA

DLP TV ----- HLT5087SAX/XAA; HLT5087SX/XAA; HLT5089SAX/XAA; HLT5089SX/XAA; HLT5687SAX/XAA; HLT5687SX/XAA; HLT5689SAX/XAA; HLT5689SX/XAA; HLT6187SAX/XAA; HLT6187SX/XAA; HLT6189SAX/XAA; HLT6189SX/XAA

This class action lawsuit (the "Lawsuit") alleges a defect that may cause the Televisions to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a significant delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems (the "Covered TV Symptom(s)").

If you have experienced a Covered TV Symptom(s), or if you experience a Covered TV Symptom(s) within eighteen months after March 2, 2012, the Settlement of this Lawsuit provides for Samsung Inc, ("SEA"), to offer you one or more of the following benefits, as applicable (please note that the following is only a summary of the benefits offered under this Settlement and that you must review the entire Notice to determine the conditions under which those benefits become available):

1. a free service visit for qualifying Television (see section entitled "How Do I Qualify For A Free Evaluation" below) to determine if your Television has a problem covered by the Settlement and, if it does, to fix the problem (the "Settlement Warranty"); or
  2. the refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to evaluate or diagnose the problem covered by the Settlement; or
  3. the refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to fix the problem covered by the Settlement; or
  4. a $300 fully transferable debit card if you reported to SEA, prior to March 2, 2012, the problem covered by the Settlement, but did not get it fixed, and you now no longer possess your Television.
  5. a payment of $50 if, after March 2, 2012, you require more than one repair to fix the problem covered by the Settlement.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, Steve! I called and spoke to Samsung as you suggested. They are going to send a repair man out at their cost! I am so very pleased. Do you think that the screen staying black on one side of the TV until it is warmed up is a part of the same issue. It works very well once it gets turned on and warmed up!

Again thanks for your advice!

Karen G

Karen, that's a tough one but the tech will be able to tell. See what happens when he replaces the power board.

I'm glad to hear that Samsung is stepping up to the plate for you.

Regards
Steve