Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I turned my TV on this morning . It was working fine and then

I turned my TV on this morning . It was working fine and then I heard a pop and it went black. With no sound and now it will not turn on. Please advise. Thank you
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and any part replaced in TV previously?
- Does Lamp light blinks on TV front when you turn it On?

Usually pop sound heard due to broken lamp in this TV and blinking lamp light indicates broken/ dead lamp.
Please provide me above info to assist you further.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Tv is about 10 years old. The lamp light does blink whe I turn it on
Thanks Alicia for the reply.

Lamp replacement is required in TV to resolve the issue.
Would you like to replace lamp yourself?

Please post back to assist you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to replace the lamp myself as I do not believe there is a repairman in my area. Can I order the lamp through you? If not can you tell me which lamp I would need to order and where I can order it? Than you for your help
Hi Alicia,

lamp replacement procedure is easy and written in TV user manual, please click following link to download required user manual copy and check page-86 to 88 for detailed information with exploded views about lamp replacement..

Sony original replacement XL-2400 lamp is available in Sony Store (official site) though price is bit high but its original replacement lamp with Sony quality that lasts longer than low price counterfeit lamps available all over internet that wont last longer and some times caused additional problems in TV.

Please click following link to order XL-2400 lamp from Sony Store..;pgid=Gkl8WvMw9VhSRpCSETfDap0h00009viFipN_?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dxl-2400

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!