Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Samsung HLP 5063 WX-XAA (DLP). HDMI input stopped working,

Samsung HLP 5063 WX-XAA (DLP). HDMI input stopped working, I switched to component inputs, and when the TV signal has a change (going from network to local) the picture unlocks and goes to black. I can switch thru the 'sources' and generally will regain lock. I suspect the digital board, but there is also a digital assembly. I love the DLP picture and hate to give up on the set.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What video devices are connected to TV?
- Can you please explain it bit more.. "when the TV signal has a change (going from network to local)" ?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Time Warner DVR STB.

When the TV station feed goes from 'network' as a source to a 'local commercial break' the picture on the TV unlocks and it takes a couple minutes to regain the picture.

Thanks Larry for the reply.

- Is DVR box connected in TV through component video (five) wires?
- Have you tried to turn Off TV, wait till fans stop, unplug TV and DVR box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug and turn them On and check?

Please post back how it worked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The STB is connected via three cables, (Y, Pb, Pr)

I have tried removing power from both TV and STB

Thanks Larry for the info.

Yes, it is component video connection, three cables, (Y, Pb, Pr) for video signal and two cables red, white for sound signal.
If you want to repair HDMI input of this TV then need to replace digital board as shown in below image..

and component video processor is mounted on analog board that can cause blank screen upon signal change, analog board image is shown in below image..

Please check existing board in your TV for part number and look for identical board at following website link to get replacement board..

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!