Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have the Aquos 60 LC-60LE835U that will not power up. I have

I have the Aquos 60 LC-60LE835U that will not power up. I have unplugged the TV and done all the basic troubleshooting methods. Afterwards I removed the back panel to the TV (looking for a fuse on the power supply/card). to my surprise I could not see any. I then turned to the internet to try and find a schematic for this model but could not find one. I wanted to trace the route and see if I could find the fault.

Symptoms include: upon plugging the TV in, you hear the relay on the power card engage, but then nothing happens. There is no LED status display on the front of the TV or anything like that. When you unplug the TV you then hear the power card relay disengage.

Any thoughts?

Hello and thanks for requesting me.

Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Although right now is does seem to be a power board problem , there would be some tests to perform to confirm that.

Do you happen to have a voltmeter ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do

O.k and if you look at the link below, does it appear to be your power board ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Give me 30 minutes, I have since then put the back panel back on my TV, I will remove it now

No problem , take your time and you can do this anytime you want and send me a reply once you are ready .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay so I have the rear panel off again, I have also confirmed that the link you sent me is indeed my power card (DPS-183BP).

O.k then , while waiting for your reply I did pull out the service manual on this tv and as I suspected , there is no info whatsoever on the power board or what kind of voltages should be coming out of it.

This usually means the power board is made by another company and perhaps sharp doesn`t even have the right to publish info on it.

In any case , pretty much all the service manual you get now are mainly block diagrams and board numbers , no info on how to repair them but how to replace them.

So we`ll do like we usually do in a shop and go by the indications written on that board.

There is a connector labeled as PD on the secondary side of the board and it has 24 pins , 12 of them are accessible from the back of the connector and the rest from underneath the board where they are soldered.

You will see the number 1 written at the first visible pin on the left of that connector .

The pins visible would count like this ; 1 , 3 , 5 ,7 and so on .

What I would need you to do is to measure the voltage on pin 15 , that would be the 5th one from the right .

With the power cord plugged in , tell me what you get there .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reading is 5.07VDC

O.k then that appears normal.

Did you say that there was no light at the front or any activity whatsoever when you press the power button directly on the tv ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, so I tried turning the TV on by the front touch panel followed by trying with the remote (no success). I had one last idea to try to turn on the TV with my universal remote and to my surprise it worked. Turns out my remote and front control panel stopped simultaneously? Rather odd, but the good news is that my TV isn't broke. Thank you for your time and your help. I'll be leaving good feedback so that you will get paid for your time and help.

Take care!