Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Family room tv is out of sinc with hdmi1. How do I fix this

Family room tv is out of sinc with hdmi1. How do I fix this problem?
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

Thank You

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Barb

Could you please explain what you mean by "out of sync" please could you explain exactly what your seeing on the display please?

Also what have you got plugged into hdmi 1 please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Three sets are plugged into hdmi1 The screene is grey with a small box in the upper left corner with a sound icon on it.
Hi Barb

Barb is it like this using other products with hdmi?so have you tried something else there?just establishing if its the set or the product you have into hdmi 1

Also I dont know what you mean by 3 sets into hdmi 1?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the only problem I am having. It was ok until I messed with the set yesterday afternoon. Could it be on the wrong channel? There are 4 tv's in the house three of which say hdmi on them.Maybe I need a visit to get this back on track?
Hi Barb

OK what you need to do first is unplug from wallpower the TV and the product you have going into HDMI 1 wait 5 mins then replug them both back in again let me know if that changes anything

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried unplugging the whole mess yesterday and rep lugging it but I did't wait five minutes .I'll try this again and let you know!
Hi Barb

OK let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I rep lugged everything and I'm still getting the same result! Yesterday when I could get in the menu it said the box in the left corner meant the hdmi control was off but I found no way to turn it on.What do you think? I think it's screwed!
Hi Barb

I am assuming you have a cable or satellite box plugged into hdmi 1?
So to eliminate the box from being bad if you can get something else like a dvd player in hdmi1 and let me know how the situation is then with that in that will make things clearer....

Let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No DVD player It says at the bottom of screen no signal but it always says that when I first turn it on. Could I have hit the input button on the side of the tv yesterday and did'nt know it?
Hi Barb

Yes it is possible your in the wrong input so please either press the input button on the remote control (you may need to keep pressing it until you see the hdmi1 or the input you have in there satellite\cable box)or press the one on the set if you dont see it on the remote either will do

Let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well that was it! It's working again .I was afraid to mess with that yesterday. Thanks for your help.Barb
Hi Barb

Thats great news Barb had me worried you may have a problem with one of the boards.

Let me know if I can do anything else

Please remember to rate , thank you

Thank again