Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My 32" Samsung flat screen TV, model code LN32A450C1DX2A, when

My 32" Samsung flat screen TV, model code LN32A450C1DX2A, when I plug in the power cord , the red power light starts blinking on and off and continues until I unplug it. No picture or sound ever appears.

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV, any idea?
- Was there any problem like delayed/ slow power up in TV before?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is 2-3 years old. It was doing this same blinking thing before and then started working fine. Now it's doing it again. There was no slow power up problem.

Thanks Tommy for the reply.

Usually this kind of problem occurs due to bad power supply board when capacitors on it go bad and replacement of bad capacitors or entire power supply board would resolve the problem.
However, rarely main processor board found bad as well but mostly it is power supply board cause of problem.

Bad capacitors replacement in power supply board requires soldering work with proper tools and entire board replacement is bit easy, plug and play type work. required power supply board would be available under $80 or so and need to get part number written on board in TV to search/ google it to order it.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!