Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

my tv has a solid green t shape that breaks up the picture

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung LN S4051D

Had the set about 7 years. It worked fine yesterday. Hooked up to cable and bluray.

Thank you. XXXXX am asking is are you having the same problem on the screen with BOTH Blu Ray and the Cable Box signal?

How about if you bring up the TV's own MENU, does it display over or behind the solid T shape?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have not tried blue ray, but the blue ray "screen" looks fine. The TV menu is on top of the green.

Okay, well this is all important because we're trying to figure out what is NOT causing it, and from what you said, this sound like an issue isolated to Cable.

So, are you using a cable Box with the TV, or direct coaxial cable from the wall?

Also how is the cable box connected to the TV (what type of cables)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is connected to a DVR (I tried recordings and they have the green t too). The cable from the box to the tv are the three videos RBY

Okay, just to clarify- no green T when viewing the Blu Ray, and none with the MENU?

At the very worst, the good news is that the DVR is causing the problem. There are no settings on the TV itself, that would cause this to occur on the Cable Box signal, but not on the Blu Ray signal.

In the worst case, simply have the Cable Service Provider swap out the box.

In the best case, the video processor of the DVR needs to be reset, or there is a problem with the "Component" Cables.

First, shut the TV and Cable Box off. Then disconnect the DVR from power for 1 minute. During this time, check that the RCA cables between the box and the TV are connected tight.

Plug the DVR back in and when it's rebooted, turn it on, then turn the TV on.

Let me know if you have the same problem.

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

reboot of DVR did the trick - thanks.