Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics

How do I remove my TV from the Wall Mount? The TV will slide

How do I remove my TV from the Wall Mount? The TV will slide back and forth. There are no release strings.
Hello and thanks for the question.

Is there any chance you can get a Make and Model of the Wall-Mount?

If so, this would make it much easier to give you specific instructions.

If not, then I can still help you, but would have to give you ALL of the methods to remove a TV from a wall mount.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not know the make of the wall mount. Looking in from the side I can see a plastic clip on each side of the mount. Does this help??? David

I can't tell exactly what that plastic clip would be or exactly where it connects to but here are the most common methods to remove a set for a mount.

There are either set screws at the top or bottom of the TV brackets (the arms that bolt right onto the TV), that you would want to inspect for.

Use a dental mirror and flashlight to really get underneath and over the set to see them. They will either be allen screw or phillips head.

With this setup, you'd loosen the screws as far as you can, then pull the bottom of the TV out towards you, and lift up to remove it from the wall mount.

The other type of setup is spring clamps that are like levers, and they would be at the bottom of the arms that mount on the TV. These would depress, and release from the bottom of the mount.

Then you would pull the bottom of the TV out towards you, and lift the TV off of the wall mount.

These are the absolute most common ways of removing TV's from wall mounts. If you cannot find either the set screws or the quick release clamps, then see if you can take a photo of both sides, top and bottom of the wall mount and post back to me please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

These 2 suggestions do not help. I cannot get pictures as it is too close to wall. We will leave the TV where it is located.

Without a model for the mount or pictures I can only tell you what I've seen in 10 years installing hundreds of different types of mounts. If you need further assistance let me know. As a final attempt, you can try disconnecting the cables and sliding the TV all the way off to the side.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an AVA Model # XXXXX Max. 63 inch TV AND 175 LBS. MADE IN USA. THANKS, DAVID

Thank you for using, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

AVF is the manufacture.... el800 is the model but is either an older model or incomplete such as el800B then there is a del800b-d and nel800b as well.... all three have very close mounting.

To remove the tv from the wall mounted part you grab the bottom of the tv and pull towards you, once slightly out lift up and tv unhooks from mount, see here:

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a rating with poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button so that I can try to assist you further. The first two ratings are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get a positive rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click one of the ratings for me but again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer / and have a great day!

Joe, Technician
Experience: ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics