Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

vizio GV52LFHDTV 10A does not turn on, the vizio on the front

vizio GV52LFHDTV 10A does not turn on, the vizio on the front panel stays amber and does not turn white. PS problem or logic/input board
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

A meter test will need to be carried out to eliminate the powerboard\mainboard are you able to use a meter please?

Its one or other of those boards usually its the mainboard however the checks are needed first

Let me know if you can do that

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I can make measurements I have a digital vom

Hi Ted

Could you take a photo of the powerboard and upload it either using the paperclip on your toolbar or a free photo site like www.imgur.com and post me the link to it?

I will point out the checks

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

powerboard assy

Hi

Could you get me a photo of those plugs on the right hand side please the metal heatsink is obscuring my view

Thanks in advance for the photos

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

The pins on the plug on the left that say 5vsby is there 5volts on there when you put the red lead to one of the pins highlighted by that and black lead to chassis?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes 5.18 vdc

Hi

OK could you please take another photo this time with the plugs removed so I can see clearly the sockets and markings on the plugs please

Thanks again

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Sorry the 2nd photo is blurred the one with the plugs in the right hand side

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

don't you have schematics?

Hi Tedd

Yes but they change the specs which is why their may be upto 6 different versions of the powerboard and mainboard

OK you need to replace the mainboard now like I just said you will need the partnumber found on the mainboard itself and post it back here the mainboard is the one with all AV connectors on

Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Anthony,

The number is XXXXX (3A)

what is the cost and availability ?

Regards, Tedd

Hi

I am not finding it in stock at any of my usual suppliers I was expecting the cost to be about $100_$120 seemingly its nearer $180_$200 I dont think that price is fair

I havent tried ebay yet I usually use shopjimmy.com I am aware of an equivalent but I dont know the partnumber at this time

Anthony