Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

ONN 26" LCD-TV Serial Number: 090826S500800521 Model Number:

ONN 26" LCD-TV
Serial Number:
090826S500800521
Model Number: LC-26KT42
Hello, This television turns on by itself. I took it to a repair shop, and they said that it needs a new "memory card," but I can find no reference to such a part online. Please help. Is this the problem, or is it something else? If so, what should I do?
Hello and thank you for the question.

Is the only problem the TV has, is that it turns "ON" by itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This TV is in our home in Mexico, so I am getting this information second0hand from our house manager there. Online discussion forums seem to relate this problem with LCD-TV's but I have not found a solution.

I do not know if there are other problems. This is the only problem that has been reported. However, it is quite troublesome and has wakened our tenant in the middle of the night out of a sound sleep.

Thank you.

If the set turns itself "ON", but NO other issues have been reported, then this is a fault in the Mainboard of the set. There is no "Memory Card" in the TV. The Mainboard generates the turn ON signal, to the power supply and turns the set ON. The mainboard is the board that contains the audio and video jacks on the back of the TV. This is the boar that you're need to replace in order to fix the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I should be able to purchase a Philips part called a "Mainboard"? Is there any other name for such a part?

Occasionally people call this board the Motherboard, or the "AV Board", but the correct term for it is the "MAINBOARD".