Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Green indicator light comes on and blinks, No picture no sound. Diffic

Green indicator light comes on and blinks, No picture no sound. Difficult to turn off, doesn't go off right away.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

First, what is the model number off of the back of your TV?

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Does the standby/timer light blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it blinks continuously. the model # XXXXX XXXXX I started having problems turning the TV on several weeks ago. I have had the set for 3 years. I don't think it occurred after a storm or any type of power out.

Thanks for the reply.

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 20 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the set will require service in order to have it functioning normally once again.

The most common cause of this problem in this set, is failing capacitors in the power supply. They are similar to batteries, in that once they are charged, they can continue to run inedifinitely, but once they receive several surges, the resistance gets so low, that they act as a short, and can cause the TV to shut down intermittently, and eventually not power up. The solution is to have the capacitors, and the voltages from the power supply board checked and serviced. Average cost for this type of repair is going to be around $150 parts and labor. If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a service center in your area:

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If not, please do not forget to rate my answer.