Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

I am moving my TV to another room. When my DVR is disconnected

I am moving my TV to another room. When my DVR is disconnected will I lose the recordings I have on my DVR?
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

No. Your DVR recordings are stored on a magnetic hard drive - just like the ones you find in computers. You can unplug it for years and the recordings will still be on the drive.

You will be fine, just make note of where all your cables connect and you will be fine.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.