Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Hello, Ihave a 32inch flat screen tv and the picture has gotten

Hello, Ihave a 32inch flat screen tv and the picture has gotten too big. There is information on the top and bottom that I cannot see.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Usually the problem is either the set is in the wrong aspect ratio or format look at the remote control for a zoom button or aspect ratio button OR if your watching via a satellite or cable box the aspect ratio\format of the box is in the wrong mode so their is a conflict between the TV and the box in that case you will need to go into the settings menu of the box and look for aspect ratio\format and make sure this is set to 16:9

Let me know if you have difficulties

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or a conclusion reached if not please press the "reply to expert" tab without rating and I will continue to help

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony, I can get to the aspect ratio but it dosent show any numbers to set it on.

Hi

What has it got instead of numbers please?it may have panaramic etc

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has got at the top a box with a person in the middle, a box with left and right arrows, a sound symbol, a sleep symbol and some faded symbols which I dont what they are.

Hi

Is this the aspect ratio of the TV or the box you are using please?if its the aspect ratio of the TV I will need the model number of the TV please found on the back of the TV

Also it may be an idea to get me the make and model number of any box you may be using

Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

Hi

Before was it the TV that you was trying with the aspect ratio or the box please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found a bgox under the aspect ratio with a list of inhfo under it which is16.9, just scan faded, set by program,zoom with a red check mark, cinima zoom 2.

Hi Rickey

Do you have a satellite or cable box?if so are you referring to that or the TV itself please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a satelite and referring to the tv itself.

Hi Rickey

OK 16:9 will give you a reference so it should be on that for the TV, it depends on the resolution or in HD but use that anyhow for now, then go into the satellite box settings or look on the front of the box for the same setting aspect ratio\format and set this to 16:9 too

If you cant do that let me know the make and model of the box so I can check it

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model #VIP222K

reg id#036

That all i saw on the sat box.

Hi

Theirs a format button at the bottom of the satellite remote, please toggle that button its near the very bottom on the left hand side, its likely this will correct the issue

Let me know if it does, you need to get the satellite into the correct format usually 16:9

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That helped and thank you very much for your time.

Hi

Yes if you couple that up and have both in 16:9 for format then their will be no conflict between the box and the set

Please dont forget to rate the answer, thank you

Many Thanks
Anthony